James Galway 16 Flute Video
August 27, 2007 in Articles
James Galway recently did a video where he played 16 of his flutes. He took out the color so there was no cheating as to what material the flute being played was made out of. I thought they all sounded great.
Here are the details of which flute was which.
- Lois Lot silver 10032
- Muramatsu silver EX 53320. / Muramatsu Pads
- A.K. Cooper 164 silver with a Haynes Head / Pads unknown
- Muramatsu all silver 14657 / Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu Platinum 44755 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- J.Brogger. 18k gold 555 with a Nagahara head. c# trill key and Straubinger Pads
- Muramatsu 18k gold 61700 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- A. K. Cooper 14k gold 188 (Berlin Phil flute) Left hand low C# key Pads Unknown
- Emanuel 18k gold 150 C# Trill key Pads unknown
- A.K.Cooper. 14k gold 197 Straubinger Pads
- Kanichi Nagahara 20k gold 550 C# Platinum riser
- Muramatsu 9k gold 64200 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu 14k 38220 Muramatsu Pads
- Kanichi Nagahara 18k gold 518 C# Trill key and Platinum riser
- Muramatsu 24k gold 60100 / C# trill key Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu 24k gold 55555 / Switchable split E and Muramatsu pads.
I’m curious as to why Sir James does not have a Powell nor a Haynes in his collection? Or even a Yamaha?