This is totally cool. Master flutist (flautist) Robert Dick playing on a Glissando Headjoint (available via his website). Wish I had $2K for one of these……
Tag Archives: youtube
Two Rampal Videos
What a great player!
Blue Train…..On Recorder??
Sorta flute related. I think the video was shot mirror (hence the hands being backwards).
Tony Snow – Jazz Flutist
I did not know that former Fox News person, and former White House spokesperson was a flute play. You go Tony!
James Galway 16 Flute Video
James Galway recently did a video where he played 16 of his flutes. He took out the color so there was no cheating as to what material the flute being played was made out of. I thought they all sounded great.
Here are the details of which flute was which.
- Lois Lot silver 10032
- Muramatsu silver EX 53320. / Muramatsu Pads
- A.K. Cooper 164 silver with a Haynes Head / Pads unknown
- Muramatsu all silver 14657 / Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu Platinum 44755 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- J.Brogger. 18k gold 555 with a Nagahara head. c# trill key and Straubinger Pads
- Muramatsu 18k gold 61700 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- A. K. Cooper 14k gold 188 (Berlin Phil flute) Left hand low C# key Pads Unknown
- Emanuel 18k gold 150 C# Trill key Pads unknown
- A.K.Cooper. 14k gold 197 Straubinger Pads
- Kanichi Nagahara 20k gold 550 C# Platinum riser
- Muramatsu 9k gold 64200 / C# trill Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu 14k 38220 Muramatsu Pads
- Kanichi Nagahara 18k gold 518 C# Trill key and Platinum riser
- Muramatsu 24k gold 60100 / C# trill key Muramatsu Pads
- Muramatsu 24k gold 55555 / Switchable split E and Muramatsu pads.
I’m curious as to why Sir James does not have a Powell nor a Haynes in his collection? Or even a Yamaha?
Beatboxing On Flute
Greg Patillo has some excellent youtube videos of him beatboxing and playing flute.
Super Mario Brothers!
Excellent stuff. He has a Myspace page (I hate myspace). Check him out!
If you want to learn more about beatboxing, check out Humanbeatbox. They have some videos and tutorials there. I found the site very enjoyable, especially some of the demos. The guy has this English/Australian accent that just cracks me up. (L as in Lollipop).
But seriously, beatboxing and flute is a very cool thing. Coolest thing I’ve heard since Tom Scott’s flute solo on Patrick Williams tune Threshold.